With over 30 years of experience, our Civil Engineering Unit is the most advanced ISO-certified civil/construction engineering testing laboratory in the Caribbean. Our team of experienced professionals has provided testing and consultancy services to government ministries locally and within the region and to the construction, energy and light manufacturing sectors, among others.
We seek to provide solutions to your civil engineering challenges; services which you can rely on with confidence. As we aspire to be the preferred civil engineering service provider in the Caribbean, we invite you to contact us to ascertain how we may be of service to you.
Our services include but are not limited to:
1. Mix Designs - Asphalt and Concrete
2. Nuclear Density Testing
3. Concrete Sampling – slump and temperature measurements, testing of concrete specimens for compressive strength
4. Aggregate Sampling
5. Coring – Asphalt and Concrete
6. Aggregate Testing (Laboratory) – Sieve analysis (wet and dry), Atterberg Limits, Organic Impurities, Standard and Modified Proctor, Soaked and Unsoaked CBR, Los Angeles Abrasion, Sulphate soundness, Aggregate Impact Value, Aggregate Crushing Value, Flakiness Index, Elongation Index, Specific Gravity and Water Absorption
7. Asphalt Testing – Marshall Stability and Flow, Asphalt content, Maximum Theoretical Specific Gravity, Bulk Specific Gravity, Air Voids
8. Compressive strength of concrete specimens (cubes, cylinders and cores) and concrete products (blocks, bricks, slabs, pavers, clay blocks etc.)
9. Non destructive testing services – Schmidt Hammer Testing, Covermeter Analysis, Half Cell Testing and Carbonation