Over the past seven years handling the Water Pollution Permit (WPP) and concerns with pollutant concentration, CARIRI found that there was a need for interpretation of results and recommendations/solutions requested by clients. And this need prompted CARIRI to expand its services in the field of Effluent with the establishment of the Effluent Management Solutions (EMS) Unit
As an important, contributing organization to the development of the country, your company needs to ensure that it is compliant with the Environmental Management Authority’s (EMA) Water Pollution Rules and CARIRI is ready to assist you to make your effluent goals a reality. We have state of the art equipment as well as fully trained and qualified staff who can take you through each step so you never have to worry about where you are in the process. In addition to this, the Institute is accredited and has been maintaining international accreditation for both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17025 standards for the past 15 years.
Why use EMS services?
- Treatability Studies – tool to determine which solution will be the best option based on effluent generated by the Client’s Facility
- Technically Independent Assessment - solutions offered are not alignedwith any supplier or technology
- Client Specific Solutions – based on needs, specification and budget
- Space Specific Designs – based on physical space available
Let us help you:
- Review and Prepare existing or new BMPP
- Review and Prepare existing or new PPCP
- Recommend and Implement simple engineering controls – sumps, settling ponds, screens, grease traps etc.
- Recommend and Implement economical, low energy engineering solutions
- Assess existing Sewerage Treatment Plant (STPs)
- Design and implement new STPs – technical specification, procurement process, commissioning and being the liaison with the EMA
- Train site personnel
- Prepare EIAs under the Certificate of Environmental Clearance (CEC)
- Respond to National and Regional Issues related to Effluent/Wastewater/Water management or control
WHY FOCUS ON THE POLLUTION CONTROL PLAN (PPCP) and BMPP?
The main pieces of documentation that are required under the Water Pollution Permit System
QAPP - Documentation governing the testing laboratory and the quality assurance of the data obtained – both sampling and analysis
PPCP – Engineering Control Plan to deal with non-conforming data
BMPP – Administrative Plan to deal with non-conforming data.
By managing all three aspects, you will be able to:
- Take an holistic approach to the management of the Water Pollution Permit
- Be in conformance with legislative requirements under the WPP – prevents fines and penalties
- Lower/Reduce Expenditure – testing services reduced and lower permit cost – variation in your 5 year permit
- Protect the Ecosystem - Health, Safety and Environmental value added – Reduction in Pollutant Loading – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ensure that Production Optimization occurs
- Build staff competency in house – greater productivity at no increased cost
- Customize Solutions
Wastewater Treatment Plant Training for Operators and Supervisors
Please click here to download the presentations:
Best Management Practice Plan and Pollution Prevention Control Plan Training
Click Here to Register: Registration Form
Call us today to find out how we can help you to save time and money while implementing your STP.
Phone: 299 – 0210 ext 5051 (8:00am – 4:30pm)
Mobile: 384 7429 (after hours)