- Educate farmers, food manufacturers, food service providers, food distributors, food regulatory bodies, consumers and school children on good food safety practices.
- Foster, and assist in, the implementation of good food safety management practices among food manufacturers, food distributors and food service providers.
- Influence changes in legislation and offer support for food safety management locally and regionally.
- Address critical issues in food safety management and develop the most relevant, applicable and workable solutions.
- Promote co-ordination among stakeholders in the Food and Beverage Industry locally, regionally and internationally.
- Disseminate information on key food safety issues locally and throughout the region.
- Provide the technical assistance necessary to ensure good food safety management practices among food handlers in the region.
- Assist local and regional exporters in the Food and Beverage sector to meet the requirements of international markets.