ASHRAE’s Core ValuesASHRAE ProgramsThe Value of CertificationValue for Certification EarnersValue for Building OwnersValue for Employers
ASHRAE education, technical information and all other activities and products will always reflect the best practices that lead our industry. They strive for continuous improvement and innovation in all their practices and products.
ASHRAE and its members are passionate about serving the built environment, creating value, and recognizing the accomplishments of others.
ASHRAE is committed to the highest ethical standards. They work transparently, observing essential requirements for due process and peer reviews to assure their members and stakeholders that they do the right things the right way.
ASHRAE seeks and embraces collaborative efforts with organizations, agencies, and individuals sharing their commitment to sustainable built environments.
The ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) offers a wide range of professional development seminars and short courses. ALI seminars/courses provide high-quality, authoritative and credible technical information, with all content developed through ALI’s peer-review process.
- Are developed by industry practitioners who understand the knowledge and experience that are expected for superior building design and system operation
- Assure employers and clients of subject mastery
- Serve as a springboard for continued professional development
ASHRAE certification programs were founded to meet industry need as identified through market research and today provide value to many important stakeholders. Developed by subject matter experts, including those recruited from allied professional organizations, ASHRAE certification programs benchmark with the ANSI/ISO accreditation standards for personnel certification programs to help ensure quality. For the past 100+ years ASHRAE has worked hard to earn and maintain a worldwide reputation for being the leader in HVAC&R design. ASHRAE certification programs serve
The decision to pursue a certification is not one lightly made by busy professionals, but the benefits of getting certified are many. In a 2016 “Value of Certification” survey, this is what respondents had to say:
- ASHRAE certification validates my level of specialized knowledge and ability
- ASHRAE Certification is a good barometer of how serious someone is about their career
- ASHRAE certification helps differentiate me from my peers
- Studying for the ASHRAE Certification Exam enhanced the breadth and depth of my knowledge and ability
- In my field, ASHRAE Certification has provided me with greater professional recognition
Building owners want to know who they should hire to design critical building systems that will impact occupant comfort, safety, efficiency and – ultimately – profitability. Hiring a firm that assigns an ASHRAE-certified professional to a project confers the following benefits:
- Increased confidence in critical job knowledge, skills and abilities
- Compliance with applicable local, state and federal requirements
- Confidence in corporate commitment to the professional development of its employees and to providing the best possible resources for projects
- Disciplinary process to follow in case of complaints
Hiring – and retaining – the right employees is an expensive proposition with many unknowns.
Taking ASHRAE certification into consideration during the process – and embracing it in the corporate culture – confers the following benefits to Human Resources, the hiring manager and the employer:
- Recruit the most-qualified professionals.
- Elevated reputation and credibility among current and potential customers.
- Enhanced compliance with applicable local, state and federal requirements.
- Greater job satisfaction and resulting lower turnover.
- Provides clear, value-added professional development path.